cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 month Contract- Pointless

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been a loyal O2 customer for the last 9 years and typically spent £80-90 a month. In June I signed up for another 12 months and paid the highest tariff so I could get 6 month early upgrades (I'm a geek!). My first phone was a Galaxy s3 to which I paid £80. I today called up to get the availability of certain phones as I am due my upgrade soon- I was astonished. iPhone 5- 24 month only, Note 2- 18 month min, Nexus 4 - 18 month min. So why am I paying a min of £72 a month line rental for a 6 month early upgrade when essentially I have no option to get the latest phone?? Surely this tariff is aimed at people who like technology and are willing to pay a bit extra to change their phone more often? Don't get me wrong, I am willing to contribute towards the phone but don't restrict my options. I guess like many others I will sit tight for 6 months and leave. Disgusting state of affairs.

James
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do other networks offer anything close to what O2? 

Can not say this is something I have come across before.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vodafone offer them on a 12 month deal.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they give you the early upgrade as well? 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
3 months I believe.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you spoken with the rentention team, they have a little more give not a lot but might be worth a try.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I have 6 months left so I can't leave without paying it off so i doubt they will care! If I had known this I would never have signed up.
Message 7 of 7