cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant switch off voicemail from abroad? Really?...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called o2 before I left the UK - I'm currently in Melbourne at the moment, and will be for 6 months - and asked for advice on what to do to lower my bill, data roaming etc - but nothing was mentioned about voicemail. I've now been out here 3 week and I'm being charged for voicemail! Even when I'm now using another sim in my phone!

Called o2 and pretty much got told - "yeah, should have done it before you left", well, they maybe should have said since I called to ask for advice about going abroad with my phone.

Ridiculous that there is not another number to switch off voicemail from abroad apart from the 1760 that you can only use in the UK, and theres nothing o2 can do from their side to switch it off!

Cheers for your help o2! Your advisor that I spoke to should have referred me to the Community pages and I would have found this out before I left.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha I've bugged the admins about this already:( never going to happen slight_smile
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

The link from Perskie says everything you need to know

Message 22 of 26

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I meant about the dam* word sorry haha
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course not. Being an exeptionally cheap company O2 have initiated the lowest cost forum solution developed by a deep south US company where the word Ev*lution is on a black list 😉

Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love this: O2 at 23:24 on 21-11-2012:

Sorry, My O2 isn't available at the moment...

We're making some improvements so check back again later. In the meantime, please visit www.o2.co.uk.

=========================

What improvements? Hiring people who aren't rude and sarcastic and can help? 

Dont believe it for a second :smileyhappy:

Message 25 of 26

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hey if they hire rude and sarcastic people I should be head of HR by now:)
Message 26 of 26