cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a replacement tablet, advice wanted!

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hi guys,

So, after the awfulness of being burgled I've had confirmation of an insurance payout. I'll be looking to spend at the most £200 and want an Android tablet.

I've been looking at the Samsung Tab A 9.7"'as it's the closest spec wise to my original tablet stolen in the burglary. I had the Samsung Tab 4 8.0" so the Tab A is a bigger screen, which is definitely a draw for me as it's used to stream movies.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions for my new tablet purchase? I've found the Tab A for £179 (i think) in several places.

The other thing to think about is that we'll be buying x2 tablets as my gfs was stolen also. She lost a Samsung Tab 3 lite, but we're looking to buy something similar to what I've mentioned for myself. Are there any places offering either discounts or cashback for buying two devices that anyone knows off?

@Anonymous pops to mind for the bargain side of buying stuff, 😛 but I'd love any input from anyone "in the know" on this...

Thanks in advance 😉

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The code is universal for the accounts that it's specific for if that makes sense 😛
If you didn't use the code last week it possibly will work.
I like my Samsung tab as it mirrors as well as casts which is handy even though the tv is a Sony ( that confused me but it works so I'm not going to try and understand )
If your buying it from a shop or online not eBay don't forget zeek may have vouchers that can save a few more £s
Message 11 of 13

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hang on @gindygoo - you didn't want to write me a letter asking me to review a tablet for you?!  Hmph :'(

The Tab-A is a good solid shout 🙂

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
@MI5 there's actually a discount on my priority for a Tab A. It's one with 4g as well as Wi-Fi. But it's on a 24mth contract that doesn't specify refresh (i'd want to pay it off immediately) so I'll look into that further before making a decision!

All O2 contracts are refresh.

The monthly cost is split into device and airtime (data in this case) so can be paid off immediately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 13