Did you mean: 

Business blog: glimpse of the future...

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys happy Thursday!

There was an interesting article recently in the O2 Business Blog about the future of customer service and what O2 thinks about it. The article gives a cool glimpse of some upcoming developments that maybe you'd be interested in reading about! slight_smile

Here's a link to the whole article on the blog.

Check this part out: "In the not too distant future, our customers could be contacting us directly through the My O2 app that already gives O2 customers access to their account. The difference is that they’ll be using the kind of ‘messenger’ style features they already know from social media tools like WhatsApp. They only have to sign in once to My O2 and after that the system will know who they are whether interaction is with a smart bot or a real person, to make it easier for us to identify issues and give a more personalised service."

Thoughts? slight_smile

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I think that would be much more beneficial than live chat if the customer service is based in the UK. 

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is a good way foward & look forward to seeing its progress 

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read the article & ... yes Way To Go with a better customer service than O2 have at present, provided as @jonsie has said above  ^  ^  ^  it is UK based 

att I upgraded to Lumia 650 earlier this year, I asked my favourite member of staff in the Skipton O2 shop ... = ... irish Joe 'What happened to the white cat ?' ... Joe answered by saying he'd been retired ... & they're (O2) concentrating on Customer Service ... I couldn't understand because the advertising executives idea of a hybrid posh cat (O2) as 'leader of the pack' with a lot of followers (customers) was a runaway success Cat Sad

Will there be job losses?

How will this new Customer Service affect the O2 Community?

PS: I still don't like the word 'bot' ... = ... 'bum' comes to mind ... if it's a robot then call it a robot ... do the car manufacturers call their electronic machines 'bots ?'

I know ... = ... Wispa in 20th century mode 

Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

A great idea in principle. My only concern would be the time spent waiting for a response? If this is minimal then it would be excellent.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
OOOH now better CS is always a good thing. Now I've had some better experiences with my CS interactions lately - compared to what it used to be like!

If that trend continues, then it'll surely help O2 in customer retention. Too many a time I've read ppl so frustrated with repeated bad CS interactions, that they've cancelled their contract as soon as they possibly could.

🙌 yay for O2 😁
Message 6 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I like it but like @Cleoriff subject to response times being minimal. If I have to wait over 24 hours for a response then I'd rather continue to speak to a person directly.

It's the hanging on the phone waiting for a human to speak to you that drives me mad. I keep thinking what useful things I could be doing while I'm sitting with my phone to my ear.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Not forgetting that the information you are given MUST be correct...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Loving your thoughts! I want more! Happy Dance

Message 9 of 19

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Sky uses this type of service through the mysky app.

But O2 would have to get the myO2 working correctly first.

It's only been about 7 months mine has been on the blink.

O2s complaint response was, use the mobile mobile page.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 10 of 19