cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed £400 for airtime, after paying off device plan and requesting account to be closed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

I took out two o2 refresh contrracts a while ago, and paid off the device plans in full, requesting for both to be cancelled with immediate affect.

The next month, a direct debit payment was taken from my account for over £400. I called o2 and they advised that this was an error and I should call my bank and request a charge back, which I did.

The account was then closed (as far as I was aware, I didn't here back).

Roll on to my current mortgage application, where I had very good credit and the offer had to be extended. I failed the check due to poor credit, as a result of two payments in arrears for o2 wanting the £400! I logged in to my o2 account, and i have no bill oustanding. Both accounts are closed.

I am now waiting forr a reply within 10 days of my email to the referrals team. I could lose the house if this isn't rectified, costing me around £2000 in solicitor fees...all because of an o2 error.

I really need a letter confirming that this is being rectified and that I wasn't at fault, as it could take weeks for my Experian report to be updated.

Any help or advice on how I can speed this up would be greatly appreciated slight_smile

Many thanks

Liam

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123037 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

What a major mess up (putting it politely) Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 24

MI5
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions
Yeah, a proper cluster.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Were you given a timescale in terms of when you;d be contacted? Unless this has already happened?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Toby

I have made several calls and finally spoke to a customer services manager. They have emailed me confirmation that my account was outstanding the money in error and have rectified the account (had to chase several times), but no confirmation that my credit file is being amended.

I have asked to speak to someone but they keep passing me to the credit referrals team, so likely another 7 days wait. I find it appauling to be honest that even given the situation, I have no one to speak to about it and am left waiting a response with no timeline.

I've logged a complaint and will make sure that it's well broadcasted as I've heard of numerous instances where this has happened (o2 refresh accounts not being closed).

I understand that it's an email-only team. But, given the situation, you would think that ONE of the managers had at least ONE phone to share between them, and that given the amount of hassle and money I've lost out on for their mistake, they would be doing everything that they can to fix it.

Message 14 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

The team will get back in contact with you. However, if this time comes and goes, please PM me and I'll ask for it to be looked into for you.

Get involved:

Message 15 of 24

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Anonymous if this was me I'd be looking for the CEO of O2's email addy (we can't give it to you on here but it's really easy to find on Google) on Google and be firing off an email asap. You will certainly get a reply and taking this route often ilicits a satisfactory outcome.

Best of luck, you're gonna need it.
Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions
@Toby is dealing with it....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @gindygoo,

As @MI5 says, we'll make sure Liam is sorted slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 18 of 24

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I personally don't think it's a bad thing to let someone know all of the available options, having said that I'm sure @Toby will help the person out as much a he can. 😀
Message 19 of 24

MI5
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions
I'm sure he will....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 24