cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGE VERIFICATION

Anonymous
Not applicable

O lord now I believe O2 have my details etc of my d.o.b etc etc etc so why on earth am I being asked to verify my age going onto a website.... ok i know an adult website hee hee.

but still I feel a lil annoyed that it has happened considering they have my details...

If this is the case everytime I want to visit websites I can see myself getting rid of O2

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi DJTRUCKER

Either nip into your most local o2 store with i.d to prove your the account holder and they will lift the bar in-store, or speak to the online Live Chat or CS on 202 for Contract Customers or 4445 for Payg, and they can lift the bar also.

Once the bar is lifted on your account this will be permanent unless you request for it to be reinstated.

Live Chat : http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

Message 11 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a security check to protect people from websites that not everyone considers appropriate.

What if fit example you had young children who picked up your phone to play with? Would you be happy for them to access inappropriate material?

You will also find all the networks are moving towards this. It is not for o2 to decide what sites you visit but the government want to protect people.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also recall you can change your settings in my o2 to enable you to access adult sites freely although I am not sure exactly where it is as I have never looked. I have them blocked. CPW set that up for me at the point of sale. Thanks CPW
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

that is why modern phones have locks on them and require passwords to open them... I understand what you are saying but at the end of the day they are asking me to verify my age when they already have that information.....

I must also point out my 2 kids are erm........ in theri 30s lol

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I respect what you are saying but that is what the networks are doing following Government intervention protecting children particularly.

It's a good thing overall but I think you can opt in myo2. Check it out.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

im looking and well i must admit i aint a computer whizz kid etc all i see is you have to have credit card,,,i have that but why should i give them my details when they already have them....as i say i understand what you are saying.....

4 option 3 of them credit cards and one is got ot the shop....

do i have to do this every day or every time i visit a particualr plus 18 website?

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure it is o2 asking for it and not the website itself looking to quietly charge you in the hope you don't complain.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be cautious myself. O2 don't share your personal information with outside organisations and certainly not those that supply adult websites
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

no it says to access this site you have to verify your age etc its from 02

i must admit im on bt internet at home and do not have problems accessing them here, so therefore it has come from O2,

what makes it more riddiculous is that when i sign into my o2 account it comes up with my name my phone number and my d.o.b.

and i know and understand that kids could get holf of my phone etc etc...

the point i am trying to make is why ask me to verify when they already know how old i am btw im 53 and happily married slight_smile

so tommorrow it looks like i am goingt o go to the o2 shop...rant at how pathetic this is and wait for the response and the glares and horrors of me visiting a plus 18 webiste

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

all i want to do is surf the nest without going through this hassle

if i have to do this everytime i visit a website im afraid i might as well remove the intenet off my phone bt wifi hotspots do not ask for verification btw

I am paying for a service which atm im not getting..this age verification should be pointed out when purchasing an agreement etc.... i have been with o2 for many years and well this is the first time i was going to use their internet i even got the new appli phone....sigh sorry i did this bring back my old brick of a phone.... i wouldnt be having this problem lol

btw thanks for listening to me moan about a subject im sure im not the only one a lil disgruntled about it

Message 10 of 14