cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day cooling period

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I got the iPhone 5 on launch day and to be honest I think I made the wrong choice as I've had an iPhone for 5 years now and fancy something different.

Would I be able to exchange my phone for a different one such as the Sony Xperia T but keep the contract?

I upgraded my contract online.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you upgraded online / telesales the stock was sent from Carphone Warehouse so they would handle your return.  

Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

cheers for the quick reply.

if i went into o2 tomorrow and explained, do you think they'd let me keep the contract but change the phone?

Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bobster

As I'd said youd have to deal with Carphone Warehouse, thats who supplied the phone.

Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah right, i cant see this being straightforward with them lol.

i was in there today looking for the sony xperia T and the salesman fobbed me off and as he was walking away said its not out until the end of the month. i told him different but he just looked and kept on walking away.

cheers though pablo

Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with getting it sorted slight_smile

Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the cooling off period with new contracts was now 7 days, which makes today the

7th working day since release, hope for your sake I am wrong.

Message 7 of 29

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23116 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought the cooling off period with new contracts was now 7 days, which makes today the

The cooling off period has been brought up in another thread. I too thought that it was 14 days, but was told that it has now changed to 7. However, as it has been said in this thread that CPW is the company dealing with iPhone 5's, this is from the CPW website, which says they have a 14 day return policy. http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view%28%29=c{1ff75c90-bcb9-11de-e56d-000000000000}

A little confusing, I think.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

that maybe so but the legal Distance Regulations Act is 14 days.

just spoke to a guru and they said id have to speak to carphone warehouse.  i cant see this being straightforward.  its not a problem though if i have to keep it.

Message 9 of 29

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23116 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

Nothing is ever straightforward when it come to things like this. By the way, CPW is showing that the Sony Experia T is available now to buy online. http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SONY-XPERIA_T?tariffNetworks=&colourCode=BLAC...

Good luck trying to get what you want.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 29