Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missold Business Contract

LaurenBarry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In April 2016, when I was out of contract, I attempted to leave o2 because they were unable to offer me a new contract where I could upgrade after 12 months (as I could with my previous o2 Business lease contract). I had to speak to numerous different people before I eventually spoke to someone called Craig in the retention department.

He told me that they could in fact offer me a contract where I would have the option after a year to upgrade my phone. It was on this agreement that I stayed with o2. After a year, I was contacted by o2 via numerous phone calls and text messages in June stating that I was due for an upgrade - but I decided to leave it a little longer so I could wait until the new iPhone handsets were released.

Today I rang o2 to speak about upgrade options and am furious to be told I can’t upgrade because I was signed up to a 24 month contract and will not be able to upgrade my phone until January at the earliest – and I’m locked into a contract until April 2018.

There is no way that I would knowingly have agreed to this – I was trying to leave the network for exactly this reason so why would I then agree to sign up for 24 months?! Every person I’ve spoken to at o2 has told me there is ‘nothing they can do’ and I was even told that the calls and text messages regarding upgrades ‘aren’t from o2’?!

I am so angry that I have been tricked into staying with o2 despite my best efforts to leave and have now found out that the agreement/contract I was offered doesn’t even exist. Is there anything I can do to get out of this contract and leave o2?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Are you not on Refresh as it sounds like a business contract where you have less consumer rights. Those options you were given only apply to a Refresh contract. Make a complaint about what has happened.
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What does it say on your contract paperwork?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Are you not on Refresh as it sounds like a business contract where you have less consumer rights. Those options you were given only apply to a Refresh contract. Make a complaint about what has happened.
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

On a Refresh contract you can upgrade anytime you like so long as you pay off the device plan in full

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The OP was apparently on a business contract when they attempted to leave. It certainly sounds as if they unknowingly, have been put back on another one! slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

LaurenBarry
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all your replies. 

Yes - I think I've been unknowingly signed up to another business contract. I am sending a complaint now so will see what response I get. I'll let you know how I get on

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Keep us posted @LaurenBarry wink