cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal to Business

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I'm looking to move 1 of my personal numbers to a business line. Ive had a look at the help section on here and spoken to live chat and had 2 different answers! 

The line i want to change is due for an upgrade too.

Live chat has said that i need to buy a new handset and tariff via the o2 business link, then once its delivered i can port the number over to the new business handset. 

The help section for transfer of services says i need to fill a form in and send it back but it doesnt include the option to upgrade so i would need to transfer the services then change the phone after?  It seems quite long winded.

Has anyone done this before if so can you suggest the best way to go about it?  

thanks

Laura

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Easiest way would be to get your business tariff then just call customer service to change the number over.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Easiest way would be to get your business tariff then just call customer service to change the number over.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

To get a business line with the number your using now, you need to open up a business account firstly then close down your consumer but transfer the number to payg so you dont loose it. Once your business account is open you can then migrate your number over to the business account.!

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrisymon wrote:

To get a business line with the number your using now, you need to open up a business account firstly then close down your consumer but transfer the number to payg so you dont loose it. Once your business account is open you can then migrate your number over to the business account.!

No need to transfer the the number to PAYG.

The OP needs to set up a new Business account by contacting customer services or going in store. Once the Business account has been set up, its just a Transfer Of Ownership request to move the number to new account.....again customer services should be able to do this.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you 

Message 5 of 6

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Yes you can do a transfer of ownership but to avoid doing all that you can transfer it to pay as you go then no need for transfer of ownership you just need to a quick migration form, its quicker and less risk of any issues..

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 6 of 6