Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Calls

Craig_Allardyce
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I see some talk about the call merging feature on iphones with an o2 personal account but no discussion with O2 business accounts. I've been told by a few advisors now that call merge is not avaialble on an O2 business contract because they offer "Just call me" at £5/user/month.

I think its bizarre that a phone feature most commonly used in business is barred from business accounts in order to push an app that would cost us £660/year  incase users want to merge calls once in a while.

Has anyone else had this issue or have they been able to have merge calls enabled on thei business account? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Craig_Allardyce 

It's group conferencing you need on a business accout https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Merge-Calls/m-p/1107340#M159359 

2. GROUP CONFERENCING up to 49 people on a call at once

• Business account Customers 8 pence per minute (including VAT)
  • All Pay Monthly / Pay & Go customers will be charged at 15 pence per minute (including VAT).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Craig_Allardyce
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been told its now not available to business customers. I sent the link to that thread to our advisor too. 

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Martin-O2 can you check please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10162 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions
@ Craif_allardyce

Its been unavailable for a while.

There is a voice conferencing service instead called Just Call Me which allows multiple parties.

O2 Business should be able to help further
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 9

amc
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello there

Further to this chat, has anyone had success using merge calls with Tape A Call?

I have to record calls for work and cannot get my iphone 6 to work.

I have credit and added extra £10 top up incase it didn't work with a bundle.

Can anyone help? I've spent all day trying to solve how to do this but the calls just won't merge and the app won't work. 

Thank you!

Message 6 of 9

amc
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've read on previous posts that O2 customer service have to set up the merge call option but I can't get through on their phone lines so hoping there is another way...

Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@amc 

All numbers we know of here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

amc
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, yes, I have tried a few of those numbers.

Was also just trying to see if someone on this had a work around so I didn't need to call customer service.

Thanks again.

Message 9 of 9