Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

voicemail query

Hi all,

I'm swapping handsets still with existing O2 sim. I have an iphone 5 swapping to iphone 6... will my 02 stored voicemails travel over to the new phone please? I have been told the icloud has no involvment with 02 voicemail storage.

Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,879

Re: voicemail query

We think they are stored on phone so prob not transferable (question has been asked before but I can't remember if we had a definite answer).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 746

Now I know nothing about this...however this article reckons the voicemails can be saved and exported using itunes and a PC...etc etc

I will leave the experts to read (and dismiss if needed) Smiley Very Happy

https://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/tutorials/how-to-access-voicemail-on-iphone

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

I don't believe they are backed up either by iTunes or iCloud but I'm happy to be proved wrong.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

After iOS 9 you can save them as voice memos https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205012
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Topics: 746

@MI5 wrote:
I don't believe they are backed up either by iTunes or iCloud but I'm happy to be proved wrong.....

Well I am stepping out of any competition....I was just trying to help in my dumbo way...Fear

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

I'm just recalling other threads where customers have lost saved vm's for various reasons and not been able to restore them from backups.
I don't use o2 vm anyway so I've no personal experience to pass on.

Currently using: