cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending picture messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I update the network settings on an iphone 6 to allow me to send picture messages in the UK? I have just moved from Australia and activated a £25 pay as you go data bundle. I can send text, access the internet and make calls but can't send picture messages. Even if someone could let me know how I can call O2 and speak to an operator that would be appreciated, thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you need to ensure mms is enabled in Settings > messages > mms messaging on

Remember they do cost a lot to send 45p each in uk https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-as-you-go-big-bundle-tariff-charges

all contact options http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can't send an mms from your bundle allowances, you need to add extra credit.
Your settings are automatically installed and will work with appropriate funds on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good evening @Anonymous! How are you doing with the picture messaging - did you get it working?

Message 4 of 6

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

If you are visual like me, you can check the interactive device guide for Apple iPhone 6 - iOS 10 (please change it if you have a different OS) about MMS Sending pictures or MMS Manual configuration.

Let us know if you need anything else Wave

Thanks @MI5 and @adamtemp64 for the help Mexican Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 6