cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked my ltest charges and noticed I have been charged for EU roaming text messages. The number shown is 7802000332 which is not a number known to me or used by me. Is it something I should know about

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you been on a ferry lately?
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Have you been on a ferry lately?

Or indeed have you even been abroad?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi robbins66 and Welcome to the Forum,

The number you quote is the text messaging centre for a Pay Monthly Customer.

O2 Help Link ->

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/text-message-settings

Speak to O2 Customer Services on 202 if the charges on your bill do not look correct.

Customer Service ->

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

They will be able to clarify any charges and either uphold or quash them whichever is relevant.

Good luck. 😄
Message 4 of 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checked my ltest charges and noticed I have been charged for EU roaming text messages. The number shown is 7802000332 which is not a number known to me or used by me. Is it something I should know about

Look through this list.......you're not alone

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/07802000332

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Quite normal if you have been abroad.
If you haven't you need to ask CS why you have been charged http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 15

Device68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looks like an old post but still relevant today.

I'm currently in Morocco and just noticed my O2 bills are higher than they should be. I have what looks like daily charges for text messages I have never sent to anyone, let alone to this O2 messaging centre number. The last time I sent a text was back in Dec 2019, but I'm seeing text charges since arriving in Morocco on the 10th March 2020.

The texts are sometime multiple times a day, and every day at about 41p per text

Since getting off the plane back on March 10th I have switched data off and not used my phone for anything directly other than the internet through a TP-LINK device using a local 20GB data Sim card, I don't make or answer incoming calls.

To me this looks like the phone pinging their mesaging service while I'm abroad, but if that's the case why on earth are people charged for this? I've since made sure the Roaming setting on my phone is off, in case that helps.

Because of this virus situation , it's difficult to get in touch with anyone at 02 to help resolve, refund etc. I tried sending a Tweet, but just got back a generic message about only helping the vulnerable, as if everyone else doesn't have critical issues that may require CS. I don't mind waiting, but this can't go unresolved for weeks of months on end. I don't want to continue being charged for something I'm not directly using or even being made aware of, especially if it's something I can't resolve locally by just switching a setting off, but what can I do accept maybe cancel direct debits and pay the airtime that is (as far as I'm aware) the legitimate portion?

Message 7 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Device68 

If using an iPhone you need to turn off iMessage.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Device68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi MI5,

Thanks for the reply. Noticed I posted in iPhone thread as that's what came up in Google regarding the message centre number. I'm actually on an Android (Google Pixel XL) first addition.
Message 9 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Do you have visual voicemail enabled?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15