cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked my ltest charges and noticed I have been charged for EU roaming text messages. The number shown is 7802000332 which is not a number known to me or used by me. Is it something I should know about

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Device68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did get a random text a few months back suggesting it had been activated. No idea how and by who, ow what that even is. I don't have an option on the phone to do this. My research suggested this was an Apple iOS feature.

But yes, I believe this is on.
Message 11 of 15

Device68
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Actually having gone to > Phone > Voicemail. I see the Visual Voicemail intro page. Apparently I can turn it off in settings. Should I do this? Is this the reason for the ambiguous texts?
Message 12 of 15

Device68
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
As a side note. While viewing the visual voicemail page, it says it "Can't update visual voicemail. Try again when your mobile data connection is better..." So presumably this uses the data connection to pull in voicemail and as this is off, it can't get anything. I guess this by itself doesn't explain the text messages going out. Curious what you think the issue is.

Thanks again.
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
VVM will also ping the network via text message.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Device68
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh ok. Well I've switched it off now, will see how that goes.

Thanks again.
Message 15 of 15