Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text on ipad 10

Ands1980
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone quick question as I'm new to Apple and esims. I was wondering if you can send and receive text messages on your pad? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149077 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@Ands1980 

Only iMessages unless you are linked to your iPhone.

Set up Messages on iPad

In the Messages app, you can send text messages in two different ways:

• Using iMessage with others who also use iMessage. Your iMessage texts appear in blue bubbles.

• With SMS, MMS, and RCS messages forwarded from your iPhone. Your SMS, MMS, and RCS messages appear in green bubbles. See Choose other devices for SMS/MMS/RCS messaging in the iPhone User Guide. (RCS messages aren't supported by all carriers or in all countries or regions.)

For more information, see the Apple Support article What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS/RCS? and the iOS and iPadOS Feature Availability website.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2