cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 wanting to verify my age

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive been on o2 payandgo on my iphone for a while now, and today when i try to access certain sites, it wants me to verify my age.
Why now?? Or can i change my settings to get round this?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
search the forum there were 2 threads about this yesterday and another one already today viewtopic.php?f=18&t=61193
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this #### today as well. I signed a contract on signing up and used a credit card so they clearly had proof of my age and have done so for the last year. So how often will I have to go through this farce... once a year, once a month, once a week ?
Do we have any rights as customers or are we simply just cash cows to this company ?
Time to look for another provider now my year is up.
Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this #### today as well. I signed a contract on signing up and used a credit card so they clearly had proof of my age and have done so for the last year. So how often will I have to go through this farce... once a year, once a month, once a week ?
Do we have any rights as customers or are we simply just cash cows to this company ?
Time to look for another provider now my year is up.

That's not proof of age...there's nothing to say that you didn't take out the contract in your name for someone under 18 years of age
Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then it's a complete catch 22 situation . They are never going to be satisfied that I am the phones end user because I could verify my age and then hand it to some one underage. I could, you could. Hence my original question - how many times will I need to verify at a £1.00 a go ? As for the £2.50 credit, I don't use all my minutes, texts or internet allowance as it is.
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as i know, you only have to pay the £1 charge once. You're right about being able to give your phone to a minor after though...just another way in which o2 can get some more cash out of you and using the excuse for being a responsible service provider as well :womanindifferent:
Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't have to pay anything.
Just call 2302 and ask them to complete the age verification form on your behalf.
All resctitions will be removed in about 48 hour.
Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Too late. I've coughed up twice this year all ready.
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't have to pay anything.
Just call 2302 and ask them to complete the age verification form on your behalf.
All resctitions will be removed in about 48 hour.

I thought you had to pay £1 and then they credited your account with £2.50?
Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
That true for the first time they ask but after that, there is no £2.50 rebate. So they could ask you to verify every month at a £1 a throw ... bet thats not long in coming.
Message 10 of 29