cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIRI - How do I get it to retrieve my voicemail messages?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What command do I use to tell it to retrieve my voicemail? Ive tried setting up a contact called "Voice Mail" with the number 901 but it doesn't work. I even changed the contact name to "Retrieve Mobile" but nope.... surely Siri should be able to do this? I need it when on hands free. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I burnt my toast this morning. Surely Siri should stop this from happening wink
No, checking Voicemail from Siri isn't possible at the moment. It's a bit strange that it wouldn't call short numbers like '901'. But when it's out of beta I'm sure it will be able to do this.
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you get it to ring 07802091901?
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
dialling 07802091901 just gives "not recognised number" message. Are there any other numbers that you can dial to access voice messages? I seem to recall there is a number you can dial from a landline??
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
What about dialing your own mobile number? Would that work?
As long as you have turned on voicemail PIN prompt, you can access your own mailbox from any phone by dialing your own number then interrupting the greeting by pressing *
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice try but dialling my own number and pressing * from my mobile doesn't work. I think I'm stuffed - when driving and on Hands Free I will just have to pick up the handset and hope that there are no coppers around!
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a good thing to do. No call is that important that it may take out a life.
Surely, you check your answerphone before you start and then if you are on hands free calls come through anyway?
Message 7 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I guess this is a non iphone tariff as visual voice mail would be being used if an iphone contract.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I travel a lot with my job and often when driving through a poor signal area calls go direct to voicemail. I then need to collect the messge using HANDSFREE soo no danger of takiing out a life.
It is an iphone on a normal iphone contract. I use a Parrot Hands free car kit. Before SIRI I was able to simply say "VOICEMAIL" and it would instantly retreive my messages.
I beleive that SIRI can't even dial 999 in an emergency. Hopefully all this will be sorted soon.
Message 9 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
That is why 901 will not work you are on an iphone contract and voice mails are stored on the handset.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 23