cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no services on iphone6

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi first time on here.my gran/d has been using my phone now i have got it back but it sows no sevice. not sure what she has done.  help please  

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It sounds like.maybe the sim isn't active anymore
Is it a Pay sim?
Easiest way to check would be to get a new sim from an o2 shop and have them set it up for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi Tony and welcome Welcome

Check your postcode for issues first but if not that we'll need more info regarding sim cards used etc.
http://status.o2.co.uk/
You can also try a restore through iTunes or a reset by holding home and power buttons until apple logo appears on screen.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you out in your sim & the correct size
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply....no probs in my area from o2....sim card seems ok .....how would i know if she has changed the sim card for another one it says o2 on the sim but is that the one that came with the phone ?.

Is the sim card number on the box.

Have turnd it off and on again but no joy.

It searches but then says no service.

Thanks

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes done that.
Thanks
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

In contacts look at the number at the top. Does it say your mobile number or a different one?

Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It sounds like.maybe the sim isn't active anymore
Is it a Pay sim?
Easiest way to check would be to get a new sim from an o2 shop and have them set it up for you.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Tony. Have a look through this page: http://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/self-help-guide-for-network-problems#qs and see if that sorts it.

Message 8 of 23

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Seems like it's in flight mode or mobile data has been disconnected. A trip to your nearest O2 store should help but don't let thyem send it away for repair.

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think we all have different ideas as to what's happening. Let's hope once the OP has gone to his o2 store that they sort it for him.

@Anonymous Do come back & let us know what the problem actually was & good luck 

Message 10 of 23