cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone locked to 02 no contract attached

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have transferred my number into another phone that I am still with 02

I have a Talkmobile contract I now want to use my older Iphone for - but it says its locked.  I've asked 02 to unlock it, but it still says its locked

Any idea what i can now do?

thanks

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you had the email from o2 to say it's unlocked yet?
How long since you asked?
Did you fill out the form or call CS?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you it was weeks ago and I've not tried since. I can't seem to get through to anyone to ask why its not unlocked.
I phoned CS, didn't know there was a form I could use.
thanks
Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm on mobile currently but @Cleoriff will post my unlock guide for you, I'm sure wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Form here but can't link to my post just now

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - the trouble is - it doesn't have a number any more attached to it - and i can't get its technical info off as it says NO NETWORK.  I can't give my 02 mobile number as I'm happily using that in my new phone?

Sorry to be a pain

Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sorry @MI5 was offline for a while

@Anonymous this is the guide @MI5 referred to

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/td-p/540294

If you are having problems then you are best to contact CS. All numbers in this link. 8-830am is the best time to call to speak to someone...

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This thread isn't making a lot of sense to me. If the iPhone is locked to O2, why doesn't the OP just use the O2 sim that they have and unlock it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you - the trouble is - it doesn't have a number any more attached to it - and i can't get its technical info off as it says NO NETWORK.  I can't give my 02 mobile number as I'm happily using that in my new phone?

Sorry to be a pain

You need to give the number you used when on the o2 network, no matter where it is now and to get the IMEI number just dial *#06# and it will show on screen.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The OP is still on the O2 network. They're just using a different phone. If the sim they're using fits both phones, why can't they just put their sim back into the iPhone to unlock it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 18