Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Not Recognised By iTunes

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I have had a problem for a few days whereby my phone was not being recognised in iTunes, but it was recognised by my laptop as it came up to charge and view the files.

After asking some people advice, I was told that I should uninstall/reinstall it, which I didn't want to do as I lost a lot of music last time I did it (songs copies from CD's).

I checked for updates to iTunes (it recently updated) but there were no further updates.  I tried to repair the program in the control panel but it didn't help.

I did a Google search and came across this site.  It's an easy step by step guide and it worked right away (no reboot needed).

http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows-8

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
So are your folders alphabetical or the apps inside or both
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Both.

I use folder enhancer which allows me to show more apps in the full screen.

photo 1.PNG

photo 2.PNG

Message 12 of 18

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I have to have my playlists in order and the songs in the correct albums and with the right album work.  I was devastated when I lost it all.  I lost all of the album work and about 200 songs altogether and none of it was in any order or in their album folders 😞

With regards to apps, I have an OCD whereby my apps have to be in colour order - I can't have the same coloured apps next to eachother so I always alter them, even if it means putting an app that I don't use on the first page and a regularly used app on the last page.

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Colour Co-Ordination !

Hmmmm.

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep all my music along with playlists on my 1st Generation iPod Touch which I use for commuting.

I use playlists on my iPhone 5s as I choose not to store all my music on it.

Its just in case I'm out and about without the iPod Touch.

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Love it Bob I've got all mine in folders finance,shopping etc but not in any order apart from that
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Love it Bob I've got all mine in folders finance,shopping etc but not in any order apart from that

I cant help it.

If its in an ordered set out i find it easier to use.

I just dont know where I want to put 'paper' as i keep wanting to use the facebook app.

Oh well. 

Message 17 of 18

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Yes - I organise by colour 😞

I used to put my music on my iPhone 5s, but as my music library has grown, it is using up too much memory in my phone.  I also used to have the music on my iPad, but since I have started putting films on it, i've taken the music off.  I have most of my music on my iPod now.  It also helps with the battery of my iPhone slight_smile

Message 18 of 18