Did you mean: 

Unlocking an old phone without being on o2

MS84Sk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there!

I’ve recently been given an old phone that is apparently locked to 02. I would like to unlock it to put in a Virgin sim as this isn’t recognised on the phone (iPhone 7). I can’t log into 02 as I’m not on this network! That seems to be the answer everyone gives but isn’t available to me. I have also clicked a ‘manual link’ but this never works either and I can’t contact 02 as I can’t log into My02 without being on the network. 

Please someone help?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@MS84Sk 

You need to get an O2 payg sim to register the phone on the network and provide yourself with the required details. Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@MS84Sk 

You need to get an O2 payg sim to register the phone on the network and provide yourself with the required details. Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2