cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, I have a contract on O2 with the iPhone 5s, and it ends in March, is there a way to get the 6s when it comes out without a load of cost?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
  • 125854 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Gumtree is very hit and miss. I am sure people posting here are honourable but in my area I have known people buy phones....only to find they are locked and IMEI barred. All part of an ongoing insurance scam...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Gumtree is very hit and miss. I am sure people posting here are honourable but in my area I have known people buy phones....only to find they are locked and IMEI barred. All part of an ongoing insurance scam...

Surely the earnest is on the buyer to do their checks as well. Personally, I don't touch a phone without doing a CheckMend report.

Message 22 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149203 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28468 Solutions
Trouble is they make a false insurance claim a month or two after selling the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 125854 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

You would be surprised at the amount of gullible people who see a cheap phone for sale and think they have a bargain....They don't look for any trouble and are sure they have got a good deal.

In this area people used to try and sell dogs they had stolen. (They are banned from selling animals now)

Gumtree was and still is notorious for all sorts of people looking to make a fast buck.

Of course there are also many genuine sellers...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff wrote:

You would be surprised at the amount of gullible people who see a cheap phone for sale and think they have a bargain....They don't look for any trouble and are sure they have got a good deal.

In this area people used to try and sell dogs they had stolen. (They are banned from selling animals now)

Gumtree was and still is notorious for all sorts of people looking to make a fast buck.

Of course there are also many genuine sellers...

Same as everywhere I suppose.

Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, You can ask them if they will waive the costs on your account - bear in mind that they want people to order the new phones and therefore may be willing to do this. I have had the costs waived myself, but I think it does also depend how much is left on your current contract. slight_smile

Message 26 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 125854 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

It will also be dependent on other factors @Anonymous

How you have managed your previous contract.....whether any payments have been late or missed...how long you have been with O2 etc etc.

I personally have never known O2 waive the existing account cost against a flagship new release...

They are confident there will be heavy demand for this phone. ( I am not so confident) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly what happened to me, they basically said that they have too many people willing to pay full price therefore they wouldn't even dream of offering me an upgrade deal to the new iPhone.

Message 28 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149203 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28468 Solutions
That is normal on new phone launches.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 29 of 29