cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5c & 5s official. Ask your questions here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So we have the 5c plastic iPhone and iPhone 5s in silver , gold and space grey.

Note it's no longer called champagne as the makers of the wine complained !

A7 64 bit chip for 5s

A6 chip for 5c

Message 1 of 81
80 REPLIES 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
hello mate i,m not tech savvy is this good or bad for O2 4G?

02 will love it that both models will support their 4G bands.

Message 31 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder why you cant preorder the iphone5s like the 5c or like previous years.  Only being able to order the 5s from the 20th (the same day as it on sale in store) causes a dilema,  Que for hours in the cold or order online from apple an have to wait upto 2 weeks possibly for delivery.  Dilema's Dilema's

Message 32 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
The US prices are based on 2yr contract where rather than up-front sim-free cost, so you can't compare US with UK prices on the face of it.
Message 33 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering when the 02 high-street shops will have the working demo models in to allow customers to have a play around with them.

Couple of days before the 20th Sep, maybe ?

Message 34 of 81

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm, so they take the US price and multiply it for the UK market. 64 GB S is 399$, 32 GB C is 199$.

They are 2yr contract prices and US prices do not include sales tax our prices include VAT so  not directly comparable. Apple's UK price is with no contract and includes 20% VAT

Message 35 of 81

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

If O2 stay true to previous launches they will be available on the day of launch, not before.

The tinterwebs suggests Apple tend to place a number of restrictions on what can and can not be done with relation to their products, examples being none on display before launch and none sold before a certain time.

Personal reaction to the devices:

5S - still an solid built device on a solid OS, but other than the finger print scanner and building on 64bit architecture nothing ground breaking. If you are a heavy mobile gamer / demanding app user then always an upgrade even from a 5. If not then I would wait 12 months for the next announcement unless you can take advantage of 4G in your area by taking the upgrade.

5C - well the "c" certainly does not stand for cheap, apple could have blown the market away at a £200-300 device, instead we see a "C"olourful variant of the now redundant iPhone5.

Message 36 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmmm i wonder if the 5s will be on o2 refresh. knowing o2 it wont 

Message 37 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

i wonder who will bite first and release tariffs o2 vodafone or ee

Message 38 of 81

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi bubu1111.

I've asked about this and yes it will be slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 39 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
going by the iphone 5 release, O2 will wait untill the very last min (the day before release) to reveal any info on its tariffs and upgrade options.
Message 40 of 81