cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 7 - Voicemail not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since upgrading to iOS7 my iPhone 5's voicemail system has ceased to function.  The O2 Gurus were no help whatsoever and the customer service line is 'busy'.  Anyone else had the same problem?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

FiJona
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had the same issues and the old 'switch it off then back on again' worked for me. After restarting the phone, all was well.
Message 31 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reset network settings worked for me.

Settings>general>reset>reset network settings,

Phone reboots and visual voicemail returned

Message 32 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had similar problems after 2 days trying to resolve my voicemail, either just cutting straight in and no phone ring to the opposite just ring out and no voice mail. I was told turn on voicemail in the TU go App and it works, but it begs the question regards the App for sure

Message 33 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had this problem on my wife's 5S, (TU GO app not installed) and turning WiFi off and on fixed the issue. 

Message 34 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had issues with Visual Voicemail for several months - hangs and restarts of the phone app when trying to delete or listen to messages.

I've even resorted to a factory reset and fresh set up (to ensure no bad settings carried across from old back ups) to try and resolve the issue, but this didn't help.

However switching off Wifi then deleting the voicemails seems to have worked...

Message 35 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks for sharing your tip slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 beeps is all tha you will hear. Same for 1750 to turn voice mail back on. This fixed my problem of no voice mail when mi iPone 4 was switched off.

Message 37 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

For anyone joining this thread and getting the 3 beeps for voicemail 176002 to turn off and 175002 to turn on. this seems to work if you have TU Go installed.

Message 38 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried all these tips after the visual voicemail on my iPhone 4 (IOS 7) stopping working since changing networks back to O2 recently.  I believe it worked once after resetting the network settings then stopping working again, requiring me to dial 901 to access my voicemail messages.

It turns out the problem might have been because I had not synchronised with iTunes since changing provider.  One of the O2 Gurus prompted me to check this while activating the service on my contract again, although he may have just done the same from his end as me dialling 1760 to deactivate the service then 1750 to reactivate it again.

In short, make sure you have synchronised with iTunes recently, especially if your on a new contract as it might sort the issue for you as well, although perhaps ask O2 to check it is enabled on your contract as well.

Message 39 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried everything listed here. Most recently reset my phone entirely and reconnected with itunes but still to no avail. 

Are there any updates please? 

Message 40 of 44