Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple watch mobile data

jaspar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a new Apple watch cellular for Christmas but there is a problem setting up mobile data. I get as far as logging into O2 and the choose your Airtime Plan screen but nothing comes up. O2 says that it's a known problem. Anyone know having same issues or know when it will be fixed ?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention on this one @MI5

@jaspar@Sunnybank@Patty1987uk I'll report this to the team so they can investigate. I'll need a few details from you so I'll send you each a private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Sunnybank
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

9am having the same issue, and unable to contact anyone to discuss.  Really frustrating.

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@jaspar 

2 or 3 other people have reported the same issue today 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Data-plan-for-Apple-Watch/td-p/1280762

so all I can suggest is that you call customer service to report the issue and get it escalated if need be Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

@Martin-O2 anything our Guru can do to help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Patty1987uk
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also having this issue. Rather annoying
Message 4 of 10

Dualrocketeer
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also having the same problems after calling O2 they said that they know it’s a problem but couldn’t give me a timescale on when it will be fixed.
Message 5 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention on this one @MI5

@jaspar@Sunnybank@Patty1987uk I'll report this to the team so they can investigate. I'll need a few details from you so I'll send you each a private message. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 6 of 10

jaspar
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now working and data subscription added. Just waiting for it to Activate.

Message 7 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jaspar, Thanks for letting us know! 

@Sunnybank@Patty1987uk I've had confirmation that this issue has now been resolved. Please give it another go and let me know if you have any further problems. 

signature

Message 8 of 10

JarRicSam
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to jump on this thread but I had my Pro Max and Apple Watch delivered yesterday and I am having the same issue.  When trying to add mobile data it goes to the o2 screen and the says that it is for personal customers only.  I am and it is showing my account in my o2.

Can anyone help please? 

@Martin-O2 @MI5 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If it doesn't correct itself in a couple of days you'll need to call customer service https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10