Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

SBradstreet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since getting a new iphone 11 I've been getting notifications that I have voicemail but on checking 901 there are no voicemails. I also get the red visual indicator on the voicemail icon in the phone app. I have tried resetting network settings and also turning voicemail on and off (as advised in another post on here) but neither has worked. It is also not possible to leave a message on my phone as it never switches to voicemail. 

Any help much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144294 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@SBradstreet 

First you need to call O2 to check if iData is enabled on your account Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Next check your number is correct in Settings >Phone >My Number.

Then try to enable voicemail by dialing 175002.

After that, if you still have a notification, you should be able to leace yourself a message and then listen to it and delete it to clear the notifications.

Edit

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144294 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@SBradstreet 

First you need to call O2 to check if iData is enabled on your account Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Next check your number is correct in Settings >Phone >My Number.

Then try to enable voicemail by dialing 175002.

After that, if you still have a notification, you should be able to leace yourself a message and then listen to it and delete it to clear the notifications.

Edit

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

SBradstreet
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your advice. I eventually got to speak to someone in O2 and we ascertained the problem was in relation to me switching to a new sim contract. This contract for some reasons required settings to be changed by O2 (for some reason linked to 4G calling). They changed the setting and with a factory reset and reboot all my messages reappeared and voicemail worked again.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144294 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@SBradstreet 

Yes it is iData that was required as I mentioned above.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4