cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to set up Visual Voicemail on iPhone 4S, but keep getting the message "Voicemail Unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later"

On the O2 help pages it says something about activating it in iTunes first?? Am I being dense, or does this message mean there is a problem with the network?

Help please Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Are you on a contract or PAYG?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have ported a number to o2 and the porting has taken place then you may need to call o2 cs to have an iphone guru go through the process over the phone, mine didnt work after porting but the error stated no autorised access.

This is the text from the o2 support site

Visual Voicemail is automatically activated when you activate it on iTunes. This can take up to 10 minutes after activation. To access Visual Voicemail tap the Phone button and then tap the Voicemail button. The first time you access Visual Voicemail you will be prompted to set a PIN and personal greeting.

Note: if you are allocated a temporary mobile number as part of the 'porting' process, any voicemails on the temporary number will be deleted when your existing mobile number becomes live. Also, any Voicemail 901 messages which are saved will be deleted when VVM is set up.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pay monthly contract - when it says to activate it in iTunes where in iTunes is it ?
Message 4 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Is that a pay monthly iphone data bolton using the apn's idata? if yes you may need to try the tricks in my useful links thread in my signature.

If not on an iphone data bolton using the mobile apn's then vvm is not available.

You do not activate vvm in itunes just activate the sim to your iphone first time you connect to itunes

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for my ignorance but I don't know what you mean by 'data Bolton' or 'mobile apn'... How do I activate my sim in iTunes? Does it not do that automatically or do I do that when I connect to a pc?
Message 6 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

1 What is your tariff and data bolton shown as in my-o2?

2 To activate an iphone it used to need to be connected to itunes on a pc but activation of sim can now also be done over the cell network

3 What is currently showing on your iphone screen ant the top if o2-uk then the sim is activated.

4 Can you currently use calls and text and data?

5 Apns are how mobiles connect to the data network on an iphone they can be found in settings> general> mobile or cellular data (depending on language settings)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 7