Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iphone

Emma232
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can anyone help I got an o2 contract out via mobile phones direct with a brand new sealed iPhone 7. I contacted o2 via the form to get the iPhone 7 unlocked as I was going to give it to my other half as I'm happy with the iPhone 6 I have and his is broken and he is with 3. This is the response I got from o2 but I don't know if this means it's not locked to a network or not "This is not an O2 device, it will not be possible for us to provide an
unlatching code."
Can anyone help please?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I fully understand the historical reasons when networks heavily subsidised handsets to sell contracts, but in this current environment where every customer on every network pays full price or more it is completely pointless and frustrating for the customer.
If ThreeUK can contract unlocked phones, why can't everyone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Emma232 did you find out if the phone was already unlocked or not? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 14

MrV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know Iphone X are unlatched from MPD as it is a third partie distributor. 

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All O2 phones are now sold unlocked and it's completely free to get any older O2 phone unlocked too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14