cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card.

Trixxz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All I am a business customer and need to urgently unlock an iphone6. Ive submitted the form but am worried at the responses on here mentioning 3 week waits - I need this doing ASAP if possible. Can any o2 community team member expedite things for me?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Trixxz iPhones are usually done very quickly as it's just a matter of whitelisting the IMEI number on Apple's system, however, post back if nothing has happened in 24 hours and @EmilieT will help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Trixxz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 @EmilieT Tagging you guys as you seem active - can you you help with the above?
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Trixxz iPhones are usually done very quickly as it's just a matter of whitelisting the IMEI number on Apple's system, however, post back if nothing has happened in 24 hours and @EmilieT will help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Something wrong on this page. I tried to reply to this and the @Mentions aren't working. Neither have I got the top line of usual emoji's etc etc etc. Just a plain box ??!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Trixxz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 thank you - nothing as of yet, can you have someone check my form is on the system?
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Trixxz will ask @EmilieT to contact you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
Something wrong on this page. I tried to reply to this and the @Mentions aren't working. Neither have I got the top line of usual emoji's etc etc etc. Just a plain box ??!!

This seems to be in a seperate thread now.

Message 7 of 13

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Trixxz, it sounds like you've done everything you can do and that you phone will be unlocked shortly, but I've just sent you a Private Message so I can get someone to double check on my end  slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Now the tread has been split and for the benefit of anyone coming across this whilst searching, the unlocking process and forms can be found here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

This seems to be in a seperate thread now.

Yes @jonsie ....not sure how that happened. It was on the blog (Unlocking Guide)  which wasn't working properly for me... now this appears as a seperate thread?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13