cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange SMS problem - receiving forwarded texts on iPhone 5 from an old Nokia handset

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

I seem to be having a problem receiving text messages that my old man forwards me from his old Nokia handset (really old..!)

When I say forwarded, what he tends to do is send something to my brother, then forward a copy to me (news from home etc). There's a 50% chance of me not receiving this message (not that it's just delayed; I never get it). Message appears to be sending properly and going into his sent items.

It's strange because I receive all 'original' texts he sends, it's only about half of the ones he sends as forwarded messages I don't get. I don't have any other problems with receiving or sending messages.

Any ideas, apart from sorting my old boy out with a new phone?! Searched forum and couldn't see anything similar. Seems funny posting about something so seemingly simple in 2013!

Thanks

Greg

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Maybe it's a deliberate thing on the networks part where it just doesn't recognise the Nokia. Perhaps one of the settings required isn't enabled or possible. Has he tried contacting the network about it?

I just had a brainwave. It is possibly his SIM that needs updated and he could request to keep his old number at the same time. Anyway I hope that helps.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Maybe it's a deliberate thing on the networks part where it just doesn't recognise the Nokia. Perhaps one of the settings required isn't enabled or possible. Has he tried contacting the network about it?

I just had a brainwave. It is possibly his SIM that needs updated and he could request to keep his old number at the same time. Anyway I hope that helps.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is weird.

If some copied and pasted texts are getting thro and normal written texts always get thro I can't see it being your settings.

There's nothing specially changed to pasted texts as far as I'm aware.

I tend to do this regularly too when forwarding texts to my 3 adult children with no issues and they are on different networks and use different handsets.
Message 3 of 3