cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap not succeed after 24 hrs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to swap to a micro sim card yesterday afternoon 4pm. My old sim card died later last night. But my new sim card is still not working yet. My number has not been recognized for over 12 hrs. Is this due to the net work problem? Has any body else is experiencing  the same problem?

Message 1 of 139
138 REPLIES 138

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting on for 48 hours now since my sim swap request...still no service! Are there no more updates? Dreading going back to work tomorrow without having a phone!
Message 71 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have finally managed to speak to someone at O2 after trying phone/chat several times over the past few days - I did my sim swop 7pm Friday and like many others still have no service.

The guy I spoke to said Friday's swops would be treated as a priority but he doubts it will be today.  I explained I am self employed and need my phone but was told all I can do is wait.  Not good enough  - he did say customers would be compensated, it won't make up for the inconvenience though.

Message 72 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought they weren't offering compensation for this?...interesting!

Message 73 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine seems to have made some progess, i have connection to o2, i can make calls, however i have no 3G and when someone tries to call me it says number not recognised, hoping it will be fully running by tonight. Hope this is all resolved for us soon!

Message 74 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

My SIM was swapped on Friday at 5pm (after no signal for 5 days!).

Got some signal earlier for a short time but it's gone again now. I see this failure by o2 as a breach of our contract and will definitely be claiming money back.

Message 75 of 139

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My SIM was swapped on Friday at 5pm (after no signal for 5 days!).

Got some signal earlier for a short time but it's gone again now. I see this failure by o2 as a breach of our contract and will definitely be claiming money back.

They may offer you a goodwill payment for the inconvenience but they have not breached the contract in any way.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 76 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable
No doubt you are right technically. However, I am paying for telecommunications service - if that services is not provided I should have to pay for it. Simples!
Message 77 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got signal now. But I can't receive call and messages like others.
Message 78 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

still no 3G. Smiley Mad

Message 79 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've experienced the same situation as well. It's been 25 hours for me now - still No Service. When I spoke to O2 they said it had to do with their network having issues yesterday and that it might be another 24 hours before it would be up and running again. I hope there is some form of compensation for this - I'm going mad antsy being cut off from the world as I have no other way to call/text people among other things.

Message 80 of 139