Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11288 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Bozi 

first question why did you swap to an eSIM? As this will cause a world of pain as a primary sim…. 

Did you do a sim swap from your physical sim to the eSIM and activate it in myo2? Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 6

Bozi
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I changed my tariff  and wanted to have extra number to use for on call work -out of hours clients.

Thought it would be faster to swap from physical to eSIM and it was my mistake.

It shows as active but I cant make calls and don’t have network connection.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148788 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28442 Solutions

@Bozi 
You need a new additional contract to get another number, just swapping sims won’t do that. You also need to remove the physical sim to activate the esim. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Bozi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for taking your time to respond.

I do have PAYG Sim for extra on call work (mainly for incoming calls) which works fine.I understand I wont gain number by sim swap.

Did not mention that as it was not relevant .Issue was lack of network connection on my primary line.

I managed to resolve the issue by changing phone settings.It took me around 100 min to figure out but am not very good with eSIMs or mobile phone technology.

Sadly online customer service couldn’t help.They implied that I can not install an eSIM even though I said I did it and they confirmed  it was active.I did not get any tips on how can I get reconnected to network. I was sent to the store and advice I got was that I should not have requested an eSIM as this only creates problems.

Message 5 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7779 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Personally, I would prefer my main use to be the good old plastic SIM that I can swap about easily if there were problems and the secondary line as eSIM. As it's PAYG that would mean something like giffgaff who do them.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 6