cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap not succeed after 24 hrs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to swap to a micro sim card yesterday afternoon 4pm. My old sim card died later last night. But my new sim card is still not working yet. My number has not been recognized for over 12 hrs. Is this due to the net work problem? Has any body else is experiencing  the same problem?

Message 1 of 139
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Just heard our provisioning teams have cleared the backlog and all outstanding orders, so things should be back to normal. I'm sorry the delays have caused you any inconvenience.

Cheers,
Leonard

View solution in original post

Message 111 of 139
138 REPLIES 138

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i tried the same yesterday around 12ish and i now have no signal on either phones

Message 2 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have had the exact same issue. It's been 28 hours so I called them and they now say it could be up to another 24 hours. I wouldn't mind so much if my other sim hadn't been deactivated but I can't contact anybody which is a huge inconvenience.
Message 3 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't believe this is happening to so many people. It has ruined my weekend so far.

Message 4 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I can't understand why they would start the process if they were unable to complete it, leaving people without a mobile phone considering how many use them for business these days is terribly irresponsible

Message 5 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable
I only upgraded today at noon - still no service. Nothing from O2, so called the shop and they say that it usually takes 24hr. My iphone 4 is already packed and ready to send to new owner without old sim. Aargh. Frustrating and not the usual service I have come to expect from O2! My old bill tariff is due to be paid, might ask them about a discount.
Message 6 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, just under 24 hrs so (10 mins to go), neither sim are activated, and when I phone it from another phone all I get told is the phone number doesn't exist.

Message 7 of 139

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just spoke to Customer Services with similar issue. They stated that they are working through the backlog (caused by yesterday's problems) as fast as they can and everything will be done by noon Sunday. Nothing we can do but wait.

I wonder why it takes so long to do a sim swap or activation in this day and age. After all it takes less than one second to process your payment!

Message 8 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers for the update, very frustrating

Message 9 of 139

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have this same problem, except i took out a new contract yesterday on 02 via carphone warehouse (after another unsucessful one on wednesday due to a system error of some sort, and a faulty sim) i was told it should be up and running some time today. ive tried resetting network settings, restarting, removing and re-inserting the sim. All i get is sim not provisioned and no serivce, it is very frustrating that i cannot use the phone feature of the actual phone. When i try and call my new number from my previous phone, it says number not recognised too. Hopefully this will be resolved soon

Message 10 of 139