Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short code texts not working

ChrissieG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I dont seem to be able to receive short code texts e.g. Those texts you get with an activation number for certain Apps. Anyone know how to sort it? Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrissieG
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Problem rectified- short code text number was blocked on my phone for  some reason. 02 customer services and gurus very helpful. Gurus got me to check the blocked numbers but I had no idea what NAT West's number was. It was eventually NAT West customer services  who identified their text number. Unblocked and all is well. Thanks for the replies slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ChrissieG short codes can also be premium rate services so you might have a block on your account which will need checking by customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

ChrissieG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you. That's my next point of call 😀

Message 3 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Is this whilst on Wi-Fi calling or normal mobile signal ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 9

ChrissieG
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I understand answers are coming from customers and I am grateful for the help. slight_smile

Message 5 of 9

ChrissieG
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Problem rectified- short code text number was blocked on my phone for  some reason. 02 customer services and gurus very helpful. Gurus got me to check the blocked numbers but I had no idea what NAT West's number was. It was eventually NAT West customer services  who identified their text number. Unblocked and all is well. Thanks for the replies slight_smile

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ChrissieG wrote:

Pleased to hear it's resolved @ChrissieG.

Interesting to hear it was yet again another bank short code which was blocked. We have heard of problems with Santander but not Nat West to my knowledge.

@Martin-O2can this be fed back please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

ChrissieG
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics