Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series 5 watch cellular won’t work

JeniG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hoping someone can help as I’m being driven demented by this issue no one seems to be able to solve. I’ve rung O2 about 4 times now with no one able to fix the problem. My iPhone XS Max will not connect to my watch properly so the cellular airtime plan won’t work. Everything else works fine but it simply won’t recognise that my watch has a data plan. The watch says I don’t have one, my watch app asks me to set one up then gives me error code 30 when I try, yet I’m paying the £5 a month for an airtime plan. I’ve had the watch since March with no solution to the issue. I’m at the point of complaining. I just want a watch that works how it should. Anyone else encountered this problem? I bought this to upgrade my series 4 that my daughter is now successfully using on her iPhone 7 Plus. I had no issue using it in my iPhone XS Max either. On my o2 app it’s showing that the series 4 is attached to mine and the 5 is attached to hers. It’s not! It’s the other way round.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And now my daughters series 4 data plan no longer works now I’ve tried my series 5 on her phone! We’ve now got the same problem and I’m paying for data plans on both watches! Both error codes 30.
Message 11 of 20

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@JeniG
When you called customer service did they change the plans for you, like adding the series 5 to your account and series 4 to your daughter's account?

If they did then I guess the system is now updating it and this might take a while. You will have to wait for at most 72 hours for everything to be ready.
Well that's my guess here. Sorry for the inconvenience caused
Message 12 of 20

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes and I rang well over a week ago. He said it would take 24hrs at the most b
Message 13 of 20

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m so frustrated. How difficult is it to sort this? This virus doesn’t help not having access to full services.
Message 14 of 20

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do I get access online to an o2 member of staff who can access our accounts?
Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JeniG 

All numbers for O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is currently the best one to try.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@JeniG I understand your frustration. Well for the Live chat it is not ""trusted"". I mean it is on and off and so it is hard to get in touch with someone there. You can check on the website probably you might get to see it and get your problem resolved.
The best option I can give you is to try Skype. Or to call them on the guide I previously shared.
Once again sorry for the inconvenience
Message 17 of 20

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When I removed the watches from the phones I opted to remove the data plans. Could this be it??? I assumed it meant remove data plans from the phones and as there was no point having the wrong data plan on the wrong phone that’s what I did with my series 5. Never thought about it until today when I removed the data plan when I removed the series 4 watch from my daughters phone but now hers isn’t working now either.
Message 18 of 20

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for the phone line number.
Message 19 of 20

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @JeniG just checking on you. Did you manage to sort out the issue or do you still need assistance with this?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 20