cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safari cannot connect to the Internet, not subscribed to a cellular data service

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone will not let me browse the Internet - i get the above message???
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Check you have the correct apn http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#iPhone
and also check on your My O2 that you have an iData bolt on http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Try holding the homebutton and sleep/ wake key together until the apple logo appears and try again.

Also

Settings, General , Reset , Reset network settings.

Do you get any 3G etc symbol in the status bar

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/54...
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Your data bolt on should specify "data for iPhone" if it is correct....

data.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've always wondered why I cannot see this on my Pay As You Go Account via Myo2, and nor have I ever asked to be placed on iData Settings ?

Is it different for Contract and Payg Customers I wonder.
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I would expect it to show data type regardless of account type, but I don't have anything to compare it to myself other than other monthly contracts for non iPhones which just state "data"

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

PAYG data is fed differently than contract so the APN settings are different, the PAYG SIMs don't care which phone they go into, the network should just activate the data network based on the settings. 

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I see on my02

" Device details We've identified that the device you're currently using is a Apple iPhone 6 Plus (A1524)."

image.jpg

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

PAYG data is fed differently than contract so the APN settings are different, the PAYG SIMs don't care which phone they go into, the network should just activate the data network based on the settings. 

The same does apply on contract sims but again the apn's are different depending on phone and O2 have to switch to iData on contracts - Quite possibly it is automatic on PAYG but I can't say as I've never had a PAYG iPhone....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But I'm sure we've had Payg customers whose Data didn't work properly on O2 Network and on advising them to call 4445 to ask about iData settings, they've then come back and said all is sorted and now working.  

Message 10 of 13