cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 4G issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
Don't suppose anyone's got an idea why my iPhone keeps dropping its 3G and 4G signal and just leaving me with crappy gprs? I have noticed I need to turn my phone off and back on again to get 3G or 4G back but surely there's a hidden issue here?
Thanks
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi have you checked if there is a mast near you? Also might be worth booking a genius appointment with your local apple store
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there yea there's a mast near me but it just always seems to drop connection, but when I reboot it it's fine!! Weird!
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Can you try your SIM card in another phone as a process of elimination.

I assume you have a 5s as a 5 won't work on o2's 4G spectrum

iPhone Reset.

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Other options are :

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset All Settings.

Another option is to visit an O2 shop and they can perform a sim swap for you incase the SIM card is failing.

SwapMySim Procedure.

If a person upgrades to another phone and the new phone takes another sized Sim Card then this procedure moves the Tariff and Mobile number from the original SIM card to the new one.

This is the same is a new SIM card is required if a person feels their original one may be at fault.

Any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information.

The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 5s used to do that in certain areas but the issue resolved itself. I would definitely book an appointment with the genius bar if your local store is not too far. 

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right looks like I got some homework, thanks both for the info I'll have a play around
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome. Hope you get it sorted. 

Message 7 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Faulty phone - I seem to remember it was a commonly reported problem with the 5S.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

Good luck. 😄
Message 9 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Faulty phone - I seem to remember it was a commonly reported problem with the 5S.

Was that, that crystal thing breaking causing issues to data and clock or something.

Probably wrong

Message 10 of 15