Did you mean: 

Refurb or new...

MercyWaters
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello...

Just wondering... when o2 send replacement phones for phones under warranty, are they refurbs or just unboxed brand new phones???

I'm 2 months into a 30 month contract and want to insist upon a brand new phone (I'm not bothered about the box) but I'm not paying what I'm paying for a 2nd hand phone so need to get stern on the phone and wanted to check first slight_smile Thanks 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

SRV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @MercyWaters. The warranty replacement phones are refurbished, or 'like new' devices. They are of the highest quality and in most instances are literally as good as new. This is done because they are replacing your device with one of like-for-like quality, and as your device isn't brand new and in a box, they are replacing it with one that isn't either. Unfortunately I'm not aware of them making exceptions to this, but from experience of buying like new devices from O2 I don't know if you'll even be able to tell the difference. Hope this helps. 

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123074 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@SRV 

Just a query? Do you work for O2? Genuine question.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

MercyWaters
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the swift reply. TI'm just super miffed as my phone is only 5 weeks old and it's fully dead. I don't know whether to send it off to Apple instead of o2... Any advice there...?slight_smile

Message 4 of 17

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@MercyWaters wrote:

Thanks for the swift reply. TI'm just super miffed as my phone is only 5 weeks old and it's fully dead. I don't know whether to send it off to Apple instead of o2... Any advice there...?slight_smile

If it's faulty then Apple are your best bet. They usually new if it isn't software related.

Message 5 of 17

SRV
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MercyWaters I would recommend going through Apple directly if possible. They do replace your phone with a brand new device as far as I am aware (although not in retail packaging). The timescale is ususally slightly faster, too, although the C-19 delays are unfortunately everywhere and may increase it. Typically an Apple store is the best place to go but with those closed indefinitely, opening a support request online should be the most straightforward way to go about it. 

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 6 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@SRV 

Just a query? Do you work for O2? Genuine question.

If not now, certainly in the past wink

Message 7 of 17

SRV
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie @Cleoriff Yep, you got me slight_smile 

Message 8 of 17

MercyWaters
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay so I jumped the gun and went straight to o2... Mistake... they sent me a 'new' phone that I don't want b/c it's not the same as my phone. The lady was really helpful but didn't tell me this would be the case. When I spoke to someone today after recieving the phone she said I couldnt send the replacement phone back?!!?!? This seems INSANE. Surely I can. 

I need help laughing

Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yes of course you can although it means waiting for the exact model to come into stock.

Message 10 of 17