Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushed from Pillar to Post by O2 regarding e-Sim for Apple Watch

CheekyJag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry if this is the wrog "board" but I have just been given a new Apple Watch Series 5 Cellular. 

As Apple don't supply e-Sims they advised me to visit an O2 store as this is who my mobile phone (XS) contract is with.

I go into the store to be told they cannot supply an e-Sim and to contact O2 customer services.

I ring O2 customer services to be told that they can only set the contract and pairing up in an O2 store.

I then ring a store to be told again that as I didn't purchase the watch from O2, they cannot set me up with an e-Sim contract in store and to contact Customer Services.

Please, can someone help??? At my wits end and seriously thinking of ditching O2 completely given this utterly diabolocal service.

Chris

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@CheekyJag 

It doesn't matter where you buy from.

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@CheekyJag 

It doesn't matter where you buy from.

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

CheekyJag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5

I'll try this when I get home.

Your advice is far better than anything I've received thus far.

Chris

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@CheekyJag 

You shouldn't have any problems as long as the watch hasn't previously been associated with a data plan.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

How did you get on with this one @CheekyJag?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5