cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

can someone tell me if the iphone's are supposed to say "no sim" when you have the sim inside the phone whilst porting is processing?? or is it a faulty sim. lost service on my old sim card and the new one keeps saying no sim even though it is inserted correctly please help thanks!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Keep rebooting the phone until you get service. No SIM is normal until the port is complete.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Keep rebooting the phone until you get service. No SIM is normal until the port is complete.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, so do all iphone's definitley say No sim during porting and it's definitley not my faulty sim then?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
If you place an inactive SIM in an iPhone it will say No SIM.
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

It's perfectly normal, there is no information on the new sim yet so it isn't recognised as a simcard. Just do as MI5 suggests and keep rebooting the phone until it picks up the network.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your worried then contact o2 customer services to check things are progressing ok.

Contact Customer Service Number
From your O2 mobile 202 Free
From a landline 0844 809 0202 5p a min.

Payg Customer Service
From your O2 mobile 4445 25p per call
From a landline 0844 809 0222 5p / min
Message 6 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Toby has reported an issue causing delays with porting:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Number-Porting-Question/m-p/540152#M53098

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
While were on the subject, O2 has always completed ports for me a lot faster than their quoted time (24h IIRC?)
Message 8 of 8