Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom voicemail alert

Umiamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Almost every time I power on my iPhone X I get a notification from the Phone app saying that there's a new voicemail. There's no badge on the Phone icon, just the alert which comes up as soon as I enter the SIM PIN.

If I tap on the alert it takes me to the Visual Voicemail section of the Phone app but there are no new voicemails.

I've tried a hard reset and also leaving a voicemail then deleting it. Still get the phantom alert, though.

Anybody else seen this?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

How are you getting on with this @Umiamz - did you make any progress with this alert since you last posted?

Cheers everyone for all the helpful info above slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 12

Umiamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@EmilieT - I seem to have fixed it by sticking the SIM in an Android phone, leaving a voicemail, then deleting it.

Just tested it again by power-cycling my iPhone and there's still no alert, so I'm pretty confident it's now sorted slight_smile

Message 12 of 12