cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Text Message Alerts

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have O2 on Sim Only Monthly contract and a HTC One X.

The problem is on the phone I am not always getting text message alerts anymore after someone leaves a message. On my old HTC Desire I used to get them fine with no issues.

I am finding that either I get no text at all, or the text will come through about 10+ hours after the message has been left, although if someone phones and leaves a second message on voicemail, I have noticed I then normally get a notification text straight away after the second message has been left saying there are 2 messages on voicemail.

At this time I am unsure if it is a phone setting or problem with O2 why I am not getting these messages. If anyone could advise I would be grateful.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try dialling ##002# - this will turn your Voicemail (and any other diverts) off.

Then, after turning the phone off and back on, dial 1750. This will turn your voicemail back on.

Now, try calling it from your house phone and leaving a message to see if it works?

Also, I don't think it would affect this at all, but to be on the safe side - can you tap on 'Phone' and then press the menu key and go to Call Settings.

On this screen, can you make sure that 'Voicemail Service' says 'My Carrier' and that 'Voicemail Number' says 901?

Message 2 of 2