cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 wifi calling problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had wifi calling put on my Iphone6 plus yesterday because of non existent home reception indoors.  Seemed ok after some installation probs but Guru finally got me there.  However I went out today and finally noticed, as my  phone was quiet,  that there no service reception on my phone in the house which explained things.  Jigged about switching WiFi calling on this phone on and off a couple of times and got back Wifi calling, but hey I shouldn't have to keep checking my phone evry time I come in and out of areas, particularly my home, to see whether I have a service or not.  What can I do pl? 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Well so far I just get round it by coming indoors say home from work I have to remember to go settings, phone, switch enable wifi on and off (say twice) to hopefully then get the wifi service notification that it's on on the top left of the phone.  The trouble comes when I forget to do it!!!  It's so good to have when it's working properly because at least it saves me rushing around the house running up the stairs to try and speak, and actually hearing people is great!

Someone has suggested resetting wifi so may think about that. And of course it just may be the Virgin in our area going in and out of strength.  Watch this space over the next week or so.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Maybe a local network fault?
http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

mavericke
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I would suggest that you reset your iphone's network details as well. You will have to set up your wifi password again.

Good luck!
Message 3 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

apples help page for wifi calling https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203032

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on with this issue? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Well so far I just get round it by coming indoors say home from work I have to remember to go settings, phone, switch enable wifi on and off (say twice) to hopefully then get the wifi service notification that it's on on the top left of the phone.  The trouble comes when I forget to do it!!!  It's so good to have when it's working properly because at least it saves me rushing around the house running up the stairs to try and speak, and actually hearing people is great!

Someone has suggested resetting wifi so may think about that. And of course it just may be the Virgin in our area going in and out of strength.  Watch this space over the next week or so.

Message 6 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the update @Anonymous please let us know if you find a solution or the cause of the issue wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 12

JackstaEnergy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same problem, I thought it was my iphone 7 gone faulty so bought XS Max same problem only thing is I have no idea if its working or not without asking someone to cal me to see, when its not then I power off and on again then it works. Genarally a few ours of no calls before the issue is spotted its costing me as its a business phone. (We have great WiFi signal by the way) any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 8 of 12

FraserWood
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

same problem here .Thought i would test o2 wifi calling on a 30 day sim only plan before commiting to 12 month contract.Iphone 7 perfect working order but wifi calling drops in and out. Restarting phone gets it working again. not good enough really esp when my EE iphone 6s works perfectly wth Wifi calling. Any help appreciated

Message 9 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11993 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Any updates @EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 12