cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not got any service since changing sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I have just finished paying for my handset I have changed to a new sim and 4G. Since doing so last night, my phone is showing 'no service'. Does anyone know how long this this will last for before I have full use of my phone again ? I have tried speaking to O2 Guru and although after 9am there are none available to chat. Mary
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes my phone is 4G compliant and new tariff includes 4G data and I expected to see 4G on top LHS of screen... I will wait and see if I can speak to an O2 Guru at some stage today as they are currently not available. Thanks for your help.
Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please speak to O2 Customer Services via telephone and not Live Chat for account based enquiries.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. I will give it 24 hours since inserting new sim and if still not got the 4G service I will contact O2. Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated.
Message 13 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst 4g is in your area, there may be spots where your phone doesn't pick it up.

Have you checked in your phone settings that it is searching for 4g (or LTE as it might otherwise be known? ).

What handset do you have?
Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an iphone5
Where do I check that it's searching for 4g ?
Message 15 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought you were going to say that @Anonymous

I believe the iPhone 5 doesn't work on the o2 4g network.

One of the iPhone users (@bandofbrothers) will be along to confirm.
Message 16 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that the iPhone 5 cannot pick up o2's 4g frequencies and is a known issue which won't change.

iPhone series devices from 5s upwards are fine I believe on the o2 4g network.

(edited to correct info following @Anonymous clarification? 

Message 17 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I will do... Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated...
Message 18 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help... I will wait on verification from @band of brothers and will contact O2.
Message 19 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Assuming bandofbrothers confirms, I'm not sure what contacting o2 is going to do to help unless you are thinking of upgrading your handset?
Message 20 of 33