cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G, no internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks.  New to O2 five weeks ago, on a SIM-only tariff with 500MB data.  Early on, I switched off mobile data to save the allowance.  I switched it back on after a couple of weeks and found I had no internet connection, and also no 4G signal.  I tried an O2 pay as you go SIM in the same phone and got 4G and internet straightaway, so it's not the phone.  I went to the O2 shop, who swapped my old SIM for a new one - still no 4G or internet.  They told me it was 'a problem with my account' to give it 24 hours - still no luck.  I called Customer Services twice today, both times I was told they would reset the account, and that I should try resetting network settings via the phone - still no luck.

I'm finding that O2 are geared towards kicking the can down the road rather than finding a resolution.  Can anyone suggest what the problem might be and what I can do?  Thanks in anticipation.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Welcome to the forums @Anonymous Please give us an update once you have spoken to customer services. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Martin-O2.  Finally got my data services back today, after multiple calls to Customer Services.  Turns out there was a problem with the way my account was set up when I transferred my old number (from an O2 business account). This happened back on 25th July, so I've lost over a month's worth of data usage.  I've also discovered that I've lost the 12 month discount I got when I originally took the deal, because my sim was changed in an O2 shop (when we thought the problem might be with the sim), and the new sim is on a lower discount.  Not sure if I can face the prospect of further calls to CS to try and get this sorted out.

Message 12 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27657 Solutions
As I suspected, it would have been the wrong data tariff.
I also don't see how a sim swap (unnecessary as it was) would remove your discount.
You really do need to get an explanation for this as a sim swap just retains your original account details.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous OK good to hear your services have been returned! To get the discount and data reapplied you will have to speak with customer services again. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Martin-O2 and @MI5.  I got in touch with CS via Live Chat, which was easier than queuing on the phone.  They reinstated my discount, and gave me £10 credit for being without data services for six weeks.  Now hoping to just quietly enjoy using my phone.  Thanks for the help and advice.

Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27657 Solutions
You're welcome mate.
You know where to finds us now if you need us in future.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16