cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G/4G sign or connection on iPhone 6s

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I lost my original phone whilst i was abroad in Singapore and bought a replacement 6s whilst I was there. I set it up initially with a local sim which had 4G working fine on my phone. Once I got home I ordered a replacement UK sim, and activated that and put it in my phone. Calls and texts are all going through fine but whenever i flick on mobile data, nothing happens. I've checked my APN (idata), tried a network reset and restarting it and even ordered another sim, with the same result - no mobile data despite my contract having 2gb/month. If anyone has experienced this before please let me know! last time i went to the O2 store they just told me to order a new sim...

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You need to call customer service to check you have the idata bolt on. It's possible you have been put on the wrong one.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You need to call customer service to check you have the idata bolt on. It's possible you have been put on the wrong one.

Message 2 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Where did you check your APN settings? Hopefully another thread on here or geek squad?
Previously posted on here (by @jonsie actually!) - http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/td-p/5...
Geek squad - http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#o2%20iPhone%20APN%20MMS%20mobile%20internet%20se...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You will be on a Blackberry bolt on as it's the default setting and they hardly ever remember to change it.
Call CS and ask to be put onto iData.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
As this is (yet again) causing an issue, and with the BB now being almost defunct, is it worth suggesting (here or via the Ideas section) that the setting is no longer the default? @Toby?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Toby has already fed back as far as I am aware?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,
I shall feed this back again. However you're welcome to create a community idea round this too if you think it's a wider issue that could be improved with a new process. We can then review it and see how other members feel about it too. Go ahead!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

There are many people coming here with phone problems due to this BB bolt on @Toby it should be taken back asap.... I wouldn't mind but O2 has stopped favouring BB over the past 2 years so I can't see why the bolt on is still so freely available?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's the default setting when creating an account so it just needs to be trained out that it needs to be changed to the customers type of phone - Not rocket science.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

It will be reported @Cleoriff slight_smile

Submitting an idea on it is also an option that you're all welcome to do on any such observations.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 12