cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 refund help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I pre ordered an iPhone 7 which due to delays I cancelled and picked up in Store.

I was advised by CS that I would receive a full refund which comprised of the phone price and early upgrade fee.

I have however only been refunded the phone price and no upgrade fee

I have now paid this twice. As I had already paid this in Store

Surely this can't be right?

Any help appreciated @Toby
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Obviously this is not right but O2 are well known for "trying it on" with customers in the hope we don't check the details and bank accounts...

What may of happened, is, as the option of an upgrade was selected and payed for upon pre-order an assumption was made that the fee will roll over to the pick up order and you won't be charged in store but instead you payed again. 

You just need to get on the phone or live chat to get this money refunded ensuring you have all order references etc to hand proving you had payed in store.

O2 somehow managed to wangle 2 lots of upgrade fees out of me upon pre-order as well but I went mental on live chat on the have given me an extra 5GB of data on my iPad Pro as I always run out within 3 weeks therefore you should push them for a little good will gesture!

Good Luck

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
They have refused to refund! They say the early upgrade fee is non refundable and there is nothing they can do.

So I have now paid this twice!! Is this correct?
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bud,

It most definitely is not correct.

They cant just take 2 payments off someone for 1 device!

Another thing (May of just made it up in my head but sounds logical) that is potentially possible -

The original payment made processed for the pre order may of been automatically reversed therefore check your bank statements for the same amount going out then back in.

What I tend to do is see if the person who picks up the call or chat session is of any help and if not I demand to be put through to the manager. Then manager SHOULD know what to do.

Now, if the above doesn't work out, you can always contact the Ombudsman online but you will need a perfectly detailed report to help the process run smoothly. Bare in mind there are many rules to use this Ombudsman service so google the company and read up on it. The process usually takes around 2 months!

I am not exactly a professional with the fine printed details and T&C's but this would surely be classed as theft!

Let me know how you get on no worries if you don't want too -

Good Luck

Message 4 of 17

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
If the early upgrade is none refundable, I would have thought that o2 would make it very clear that it isn't when talking to them either when you paid it or at the very least before they cancelled your order, giving you the opportunity to just wait for the phone instead. O2 just seems to be getting worse and worse right now and it's going to lead to a good many people jumping ship and going to other companies. Don't let them get away with this mate. You should not pay twice for the same thing. If you have no joy with them then I'd suggest going to the financial ombudsman for help.
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am really disappointed I only cancelled the upgrade because they couldn't give me a delivery date despite being assured I would receive the phone on launch day

I was told by CS I would get a full refund.
I would have waited rather than pay an early upgrade fee twice!

I could understand if I cancelled outright but I remained with o2

I was assured I would receive a call back from the Manager in an hour which hasn't happened!

So annoyed! Am I able to cancel this contract?
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you have 14 days to think about it and if needs be to cancel.

Shocking the way customers are being treated through this tough launch event process! Everyone is going nut.

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know - its really disappointing!

I think I am going to cancel outright.

I just don't understand how they can maintain they are entited to two early upgrade fees.

I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall!

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to respond to myself

But I thought I would try live chat - HUGE mistake.

They won't help or indeed pass to a Manager.

I am losing the will to live and really have better stuff to do!

@Toby - any ideas?

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long dose it take them to refund an upfront fee after a pre order contract has been cancelled? Dose anyone know? 

Message 10 of 17