Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 GPS problems

Bonnie007
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi 

Is anyone else having issues with their gps on the iphone 7 plus?  I use it a lot but since getting this iphone it's been impossible to use.  It doesn't seem to be able to pin point my location, it has me constantly moving between my home and the other side of the city.  If I use map my hike it has me walking 5 miles in 20 seconds (again it has me darting from the area i'm in to somewhere else in the city and back again!). It's driving me crazy as I do reply on it.  Google maps and find friends all do the same. 

I've turned off and on Location services, reset all the different settings and have, as a last resort completely wiped my phone and set it back up as a new iphone to rule out that it wasn't an app or something affecting it.  Tested find friends before I installed anything back onto the phone and it was still doing it.

I really need this feature to work on my phone so does anyone have any idea what I need to do please? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Take it back to apple for a diagnostic check and replacement if faulty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Take it back to apple for a diagnostic check and replacement if faulty.

Yes certainly seems the way to go....Annoying on such a new device....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Bonnie007
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

My nearest apple store is over 200 miles away.  Will O2 be able to do it? 

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
I wouldn't trust O2's repairers with it, tbh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't trust O2. I think Apple do a courier service or you can post the phone if you can't get to a store

Message 6 of 6