Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone threads

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have a good idea, let's all start a new iPhone thread asking the same questions as all the other threads.

Come on admin, don't you think we could merge threads without having to wade through so many?

Or does that not matter for this particular phone.

Please don't delete as this is a genuine question!

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I hear you guys!. I'm going to get the Apple board tidied up so it will be a bit easier to see whats going on. I'll try to get as much as possible in to the main threads on the delivery situation. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 34

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

I hear you guys!. I'm going to get the Apple board tidied up so it will be a bit easier to see whats going on. I'll try to get as much as possible in to the main threads on the delivery situation. 

That would be great.. Why do people need to start a new thread EVERY time about the same thing!!!? Crazy

giphy-3
Message 12 of 34

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

We've seen a lot of new members so please bear with them as they may not be used to how forums work. A lot of people feel starting their own thread is the best way to get help. Things should settle down soon enough wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 13 of 34

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Please do @Martin-O2 as trawling through the posts for genuine problems is so difficult at the moment. I see 10,12,14 , pages of the same problem and people are then starting new threads to see if anyone has ordered on x - date, x - go and what colour is frankly insane. It's an iPhone fgs, not a life changing critical scenario about a kidney or liver transplant. All good for forum stats to justify the existence of the community but there are customers with genuine problems. Non delivery is a common problem so please spare us, the regulars, who have been here years contributing to customer service, with little thanks (in my case) except a reward at the end of the month which doesn't equate to those who come on to simply parrot everyone else but get the same rewards as those of us who give up their time to help customers. Kudos dished out like confetti at a wedding for simply saying they ordered on the 9th and had no communication and printing a highly dubious response from live chat. It's serious and although I'm excluded from rewards I will be very interested how many people are rewarded from telling people to cancel their order and go to an Apple store.

Message 14 of 34

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

As I said above I'll do my best to get the boards tidied up and I do understand the frustration for regular members here but we will have to weather the storm so to speak. Obviously this has affected a large number of people and we're seeing that reflected on the boards. 

Regarding rewards I will personally be going over the figures and making sure excessive kudos on this issue is properly taken into account when I calculate the rewards. 

I do appreciate everyone's patience atm wink

signature

Message 15 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Best of luck with that one @Martin-O2 as I think it's an impossible task now. Since the 8th September this started with the preorder situation and has spiralled out of control now. Possibly up to 70 threads started. We see it every year. Last year a few of us compiled a FAQ sheet. It helped to control the flow of posts. It could have been used again but wasn't needed apparently. ..and now see what's happened. Don't get me wrong ...it's lovely to see new members join but once they get the phone most of them disappear till next year. Oh and the reason all the new threads start is people want to be heard NOW....they have no intention of joining in a long running thread and maybe having their voice lost in the crowd. As I say. Best of luck with the clear up

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 34

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Best of luck with that one @Martin-O2 as I think it's an impossible task now. Since the 8th September this started with the preorder situation and has spiralled out of control now. Possibly up to 70 threads started. We see it every year. Last year a few of us compiled a FAQ sheet. It helped to control the flow of posts. It could have been used again but wasn't needed apparently. ..and now see what's happened. Don't get me wrong ...it's lovely to see new members join but once they get the phone most of them disappear till next year. Oh and the reason all the new threads start is people want to be heard NOW....they have no intention of joining in a long running thread and maybe having their voice lost in the crowd. As I say. Best of luck with the clear up

No problem for admin....let's all kudo one another and get a reward for saying O2 are the pits......

Message 17 of 34

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie well said @Martin-O2 one reason I have not posted other stuff like ttt and revised help thread they will all be lost in the current posting frenzt , in fact it may have hurt not helped the community but not acting sooner same each year Crazy

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 18 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just as an example. I went offline at 2.00pm We were on page 171 of this thread.http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Delivery-expectations-for-iPhone-7-PLUS/m...

I have just come back to it. We are now on page 185.   No, I lie... 186

That's only one of the many currently running...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 34

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The one person I didn't expect to reply in case he rocked the boat didn't....

Message 20 of 34