Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone threads

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I have a good idea, let's all start a new iPhone thread asking the same questions as all the other threads.

Come on admin, don't you think we could merge threads without having to wade through so many?

Or does that not matter for this particular phone.

Please don't delete as this is a genuine question!

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks to everyone for providing feedback on the situation. This will be passed on to the rest of the O2 team. 

For rewards and kudos I will be taking this into account when calculating the rewards to ensure fairness. 

Obviously this has been an unusual few weeks for the O2 forums but things are beginning to settle down again. Thanks again for everyone's patience. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 31 of 34

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Martin-O2 forgive me but the whole point of this community is for self help from other users .

what we see every year is posts that as other customers we cannot help with as they are account related I.e. Delivery queries etc and not how do I do this type of posts . If the purpose of this community was a customer service roll for account related queries then seperate threads answered by o2 staff would be valid etc.

perhaps a revisit of the community's role is required as most new posters have come for customer related issues 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 32 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to do the noob thing and bump an old thingy. Can I say as a new o2 user trying to work out what the hold up was these forums that you are mostly moaning about helped. You may think that they were CS issues and that sharing information such as order time, expected fulfilment and actual delivery date was a waste of time and got in the way of important topics of those more established here.

For me and many others the forums did help. There were so many posts because yes, o2 had no information. For this I do not blame apple but o2, even tonight I was told my order will be another 6 weeks by CS - 2 hours later I get a notification to say it's being delivered! This surely demonstrates the misinformation that was the problem that drove so many to the forum, not "aw no my phone isn't here yet, poor me" posts.

So thank you to everyone who posted anything ever in this community. Whilst you may have had inconvenience the dust is already settling. Just because it doesn't meet your need doesn't mean it doesn't help anyone else.

Message 33 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I think you missed the point of this thread @Anonymous

No one has any problem ever, with anyone getting help with queries, requests and information relating to any phone launch. Problem in this instance was the number of threads that appeared all asking similar questions about the iPhone 7.

We had a Note 7 released 10 days before the iPhone. We saw TWO threads on here about that flagship phone release.

When I last counted on here the number of iPhone 7 threads started exceeded 70...Yes 70. Often joined by others who had posted on every other thread asking the same question and repeating it over and over again. 

In the past efforts have been made to merge threads. This year nothing.

I am pleased you found answers and got the help you needed. My point is, those questions would all have been answered and resolved within one or two main threads...not 70+

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 34